Not like so many other busty singers cum actresses in the mainstream, many of whom are shoehorned by publicists into places where they don't belong , Renee's transition has seemed natural. She's an all-around (and we love those rounds) entertainer.
In 2004, sexy readhead Olstead released an eponymous album of jazz songs and pop standards for Warner Bros. Records to good reviews; since her previous releases had limited distribution, this album was considered her true debut. She was singing and acting in musical stage productions before her 10th birthday, and got some TV shows and movies under her belt in her second decade.
Though many of her movie roles were negligible ones, they paved the way to a major sitcom role on CBS's Still Standing.
A follow-up album entitled Skylark, also produced by Foster, was originally announced for release in 2005, but it was subsequently pushed back several times, with release dates in the summer of 2006 and early 2007 being mentioned on online retailers such as Amazon.com. It was slated for a June 2008 release, but was delayed again. It was finally released on January 27, 2009, nearly four years after it was originally announced.
- Deadly Family Secrets (TV movie) (1995) as Emily Pick
- Cadillac Ranch (1996) as Young Mary Katherine
- Santa, NASA & the Man in the Moon (1996) as Renee Olstead
- Ceftin Wiz Kids (TV movie) (1996) as Katie
- The Usher (1997) as Little Girl
- Out There (TV movie) (1997) as Megan Tollman
- End of Days (1999) as Amy
- The Insider (1999) as Deborah Wigand
- Space Cowboys (2000) as Little Girl
- Geppetto (2000)
- Scorched (2003) as Girl Scout
- 13 Going on 30 (2004) as Becky
- Super Sweet 16: The Movie (2007) as Sky Storm